A Response to "What The Fawkes?" by themaresnest

 So, I was doing a few new projects for The Sims 3 and someone sent me a message at ModTheSims and someone wrote a blog about my recent Guy Fawkes Mask for The Sims 3. This is what he/she wrote about my Guy Fawkes mask:-



screenshot from this post

I don't think he/she understands what I mean by original, so I'm gonna walk you through as to why I said it wasn't entirely made by me.

Alright, so when I say that the original mask model wasn't made by me, I actually took that model off from another website that was made by someone else and then put it in The Sims 2. That mask was made by Ghonma from thefree3dmodels.com. I've credited his name on my Guy Fawkes Mask (The Sims 2) here:-



As you can see here, the mask was originally made entirely by him, and because of this, I feel disappointed of myself.

Everybody making their own meshes and their own textures in ModTheSims website, while here I am, seeing my younger self porting someone's creation of the mask to The Sims 2 and then said "Hey, look! I made this!" ...made myself look like an asshole.

Looking at it right now, I shouldn't have done it because the original mask model wasn't made by me. I did not make that Guy Fawkes Mask model, it was all thanks to Ghonma.

I think he deserves to have more credits than I do, so... yeah.

That's where I decided to make my own custom meshes from here on out because making your own model from scratch is much more satisfying than just simply porting someone else's model over to the games.

...Unless if you want to port some models from other video games to The Sims series, you can do that OUTSIDE ModTheSims.

But looking back to my past creations especially this one, this is the only CC I'm not proud of.

So there you go, that's my response.

To themaresnest, if you're reading this post, I hope this will clear up all the misunderstandings to you. If this doesn't make any sense to you, then I don't know what will. 😐

Anyways, that's all for the post and I hope you all have an awesome day!
I'll see you guys sooner or later in the next post. ;)

P. S. I do like I Like To Dissect Sims' creation, so yeah, thank you for mentioning that.